Daily Changes for Weight Loss
Trying to lose weight can be one of the most stressful and emotionally draining journeys one can embark on. It takes a lot of dedication and determination to realize that your current lifestyle isn’t satisfactory towards your waistline and overall health.Changing your current eating habits and either start working out & or switching-up your usual workout routine is very hard to do. As humans, we are creatures of habit, but when you really reflect and make small changes here and there on your overall journey, the weight will come off and you’ll get to a happy and healthier place.
Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see the instant results–Here are 8 small daily changes from SHAPE that you can make in addition to your weight-loss journey.
- Wake up and drink a glass of water (add lemon) —Lemons are great for metabolism and it’s crucial to get enough hydration–what better way to start off the morning than putting two and two together?!
- Never skip breakfast –Pack it with protein to get an extra punch!
- Exercise!–Switch up your routines. If you lift weights one day, practice yoga or go for a jog the next
- Eat mindfully–Snacking all day and not being aware of how many calories you’re taking in can do damage to your weight loss and you could be sabotaging your success
- Eat a veggie & protein-packed lunch and dinner–The best way to ensure you’re getting enough veggies and protein in your meals is to plan them out ahead of time. The best day to do this is on a Sunday or a day right before the beginning of your week so you can go grocery shopping and be prepared.
- Take 10,000 steps daily–It’s amazing how much energy you can get from just attaining a goal. Start off small and work your way up to a larger goal to get to.
- Avoid late night munching–It’s totally acceptable to eat a snack after dinner, but be aware of how much you’re in taking. Though your metabolism doesn’t wear a watch, the fact of the matter is that you’re less likely to burn off those extra calories than say if you ate the same snack around 3 or 4:00 p.m.
- Skip sugar & alcohol–Both of these are empty calories and can be detrimental to your waistline and sleep schedule. By avoiding foods with a lot of these additives, you will start to see the scale numbers drop down.